Be aware of these common stumbling blocks when designing your web site:
– The household page www.blenheimhomes.co.ukwill not quickly tell you what the Site is all about. You will be able to visit the home page of any Internet site and find out what the web page is about, what type of products this sells, or perhaps what it is advertising and marketing within five seconds.
– The poor use of popup home windows, splashy promoting, splash pages (pages with neat animations and sound nevertheless which you have to view for five to some seconds prior to being taken to the actual Web site), and other Web page design features that draw curiosity away from your Web site, goods, and/ or services.
– Poor Web-site navigation. Including broken links, hidden routing, poor text of navigational links, backlinks that consider you to internet pages with no links, links that take you to the same Web site, and web pages with no links back to home page (always include a link back to the homepage so that no matter where site visitors happen to be, they can discover their long ago home! ).
– Trusting that mainly because you have an online site, you have an advertising campaign or perhaps overall marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that the Web site is usually not your marketing strategy. The Web site is just a part of your entire marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , if you have a successful restaurant but desire to advertise and promote your organization on the Web. Setting up a Web site is great, but if it is not promoted and advertised, no one will ever still find it. By fainting business cards with your Web site WEBSITE ADDRESS embossed with them, you are using a traditional advertising campaign to promote the Web site. When you offer a downloadable/ printable coupon from your Web site, you will be successfully making use of your Web site in your marketing strategy in order to meet your goal of increased restaurant sales.
– Failure to attain Web site relevance and content updating. There exists nothing more dissatisfying into a Web consumer than visiting a Web site that is certainly grossly old. Incorrect rates, products no more available, dated content, and ancient marketing all represent to the Web-site visitor that your loyalty to your Web page is enduring greatly. Learning your internet pages with non-relevant material should detract the visitor from receiving the point of the Web site (the five-second procedure mentioned earlier).
– Steer clear of too many text message effects. Forget flashing text, reversing textual content, gymnastics text message, or various other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which bum more than bother your site visitor. Don’t build a “loud” Web page that contain so many blinking, blinking, twirling, and spinning icons, text, or graphics that visitors happen to be overwhelmed by the effects and under-whelmed by site content.
— Limit the quantity of graphics on your Web site in order that you don’t whelm your site visitors with “graphics overload. inch Don’t use cartoon GIF pictures on your Site. These were cool ten years ago, but in present professional environment, they are yet another “loud, inch annoying muddiness that readers don’t need.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in style templates) when making a Web site with Microsoft FrontPage. When FrontPage is dependent on a regular basis, we prepare the fact which it can be used to style great Internet sites.
– Can not incorporate support frames into Web-site design. The application of frames in a Web site should drive clients away quicker than anything!
– DO incorporate the right Web site design elements to ensure that your Site is ready to be seen by search engines like yahoo.